I may have forgotten to mention that we volunteered to be a part of a dance to celebrate Israeli Independence Day on the 20th. We didn't quite realize what we were getting ourselves into, and are part of what we have come to call "The Bird Dance." Imagine 90 women dressed in white, with wings, flapping their arms and dancing around like birds. I will be destroying any photographic evidence of this event.
In other news... patience wore thin today. (Understatement, I know. However, I'm trying to be diplomatic here.) Frankly I'm just annoyed with intellectual peons of society spouting archaic, slanderous, hegemonic, Philistine comments. (Oh look, diplomacy is on vacation.) Join the century, and think before you speak.
Thank you, and goodnight.
In other, other news.... my Hebrew is getting better. Spent the last two days making 150 flashcards of the past and present of verbs we learned in class. Or should I say, Ani limadti 150... Nikole and Ilan helped me with flashcards while we had down time at work today. Nothing like cramming in between laundry loads. Later Nikole and I spent the afternoon studying the Hebrew versions of: for, with, to at, etc. There aren't direct English to Hebrew translations for many of these words.
However, after Nikole explained the Spanish equivalent to me I understood. Gracias Senora Williams! So I'm now writing notes in Spanish tambien. Que divertido! (Don't you love learning time with Shosh?) We also finalized our plans for the weekend. Girls' trip to Tel Aviv! Shopping, dancing, beaching. It's going to be... wait for it.... legendary! As usual, 100 points for getting the reference correctly.
In the final news of the day, my English grammar is rapidly declining. I have noticed the caliber of my facebook posts is embarrassing. Not to mention I spent 30 seconds debating whether or not to use "are" or "is" in the previous sentence. Had GMAT flashbacks. (Apparently not using "I" when writing anymore either...)
New girl comes tomorrow from France. Should be interesting, we need more women around here.
Love and fragment sentences,
Shosh
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment