Monday, March 1, 2010

Hike to the top

I went on a two hour hike to the top of the hill where the Kibbutz monument is this afternoon.  I went with Gidon (24, Florida originally from Israel), Matt (?, New York), and a nice couple Adam (19, New Jersey) and Atel (?, Turkey).  Adam and Atel did the Ulpan this fall as well and are now our resident tour guides.  The conversation was fun, the view was amazing!!!  I should have brought my camera, but no worries I will definitely be doing it again!  

Highlights of the hike:
1) I made new friends
2) I actually went on a hike... yes me in the mud on a hill
3) The weather was great, and the view was fantastic.  At the top of the monument you could see all the way to Haifa and the Mediterranean.  The picture on the right is not one that I took, but it will give you an idea of what the view was like.
4)  We saw a few Kibbutz highlights like the cabin in the woods built by high school student in 1983, the citrus orchards, tennis courts, water towers, and some of the houses the Kibbutznicks live in.
5) I ate a flower.... seriously
6) I did not fall (stop laughing)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great time on your two hour hike....sounds like you are having a great time sis!

    ReplyDelete