Monday, March 1, 2010

Painting with Kibbutzniks

After dinner we were encouraged to go to the Chader Ochel (Dining Hall) to help the young Kibbutzniks (people who live on the Kibbutz full-time) decorate for the big Purim party Friday.  It was our chance to mingle with the younger folks.

Frankly, it was pretty awkward in the beginning, like a 6th grade dance, but eventually it was pretty nice.  We were painting this giant sign with Gial (which means "My wave") and Yechiel.  Both ladies lived on the Kibbutz their entire lives and once they saw we weren't slackers were fairly friendly and answered our questions with good humor.  We talked about yoga, pilates, and the fact that gymnastics and folk dancing weren't considered cool in Israel.  It was a good time, I'm glad I went!

Now time to relax... tomorrow they tell us which Hebrew class we will be in.  Aleph (beginner) or Bet (intermediate).  I'm guessing I'm going Aleph.

Latraot!  (See you later!)

1 comment: