Thursday, March 11, 2010

The honeymoon had to end at some point.  I'm fine, and over it by now.  But today was not one of my favorite days.  Kita Bet can be really frustrating because 1) Hebrew is hard.  Really hard. 2) The class is cacophonous and 3) Well I don't know what three is exactly, but I felt like I needed to round the list out at three.

By the time we went to lunch I was feeling frustrated, not to mention my ankle is getting worse not better (I put on an ace bandage and this seems to be helping).  Then when we get to the Chader Ochel (dining hall) this guy bumps/pushes/runs into me causing my tray to tip and my glass of water to fall to the ground shattering loudly in the main entrance in front of everyone.  He looks at me and says "good luck."  It was a nice cherry on top of me feeling like an idiot day.

Two minutes in the bathroom catching my breath, half a bar of dark chocolate and a little bit of John Irving and I was feeling better.  I made it through the rest of the class, and even studied a bit after.  We have a test Sunday.  I know if I studied a lot I would be fine.  But I'm traveling to Rehovot to visit family Friday through Saturday, so I'm not sure how much studying will get done.  Whatever happens happens.

Yesterday afternoon was great though.  Went on a run, two walks, continued to suck at frisbee, and then had a nice chat with one of the ladies from the Kibbutz.  Her dog Motek (sweetheart) was also attacking me with his drool.  He was adorably ugly.   We later watched Paranormal Activity, which frankly isn't that scary except for the last 20 minutes.   But it does reaffirm my fear of feet hanging off the side of the bed.... stuff happens.

Okay, rambling again...  So I guess that's all I have to say at the moment.  I'm sure after some food, sleep, and perhaps some chocolate I will be back and peppy in the morning.   Until then, happy baby Friday haverim!

Latraot!

No comments:

Post a Comment