Apparently, last night many of my fellow Ulpanim got together and had some fun. I learned to play poker and did Kita Bet homework with a few guys, while others smoked some hookah and had some drinks. The rule in Dan in Yakov's room is-- "When in a Mexican's room, you drink like you're in Mexico." A few people who were in Dan and Yakov's room had a difficult time getting up this morning (I was awake at 5:45). Tonight's the Purim party, so Lord help them.
I worked in the Machbesa (Laundry sorting room) today. There were three ladies working, one of whom was born in England and spoke English. They were all very nice, and the work was simple and fairly quiet. Yet, surprisingly folding hundreds of towels and sorting them in various cubby holes can be a bit of an upper body workout. Who would have thought? The best part of today was twofold actually:
1) The ladies in the Machbesa made fruit salad and shared with me. It was amazing, and I even ate a banana because I miss fruit so much.
2) Today is Shabbat, which means it is a half-day of work and I finished at noon. Now I'm debating napping, running, studying or who knows... This afternoon at 4 PM we can go get our hair and makeup done for the Purim party. I'm really excited about it!
In an effort to help myself improve in Ivrit (Hebrew) here is my mini-Hebrew lesson for my haverim (friends).
1) Mastic: Gum
2) Gam Ani: Me too
3) Ani lo rotza: I don't want
4) Sleecha: Excuse me
5) Naim Maod: Nice to meet you
6) Meeshkafayim: Eye glasses
7) Ma Shimcha (Masculine) or Ma Shmech (Feminine): What's your name?
And as always, Latraot! (See you later)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment