Since we had Israelis, Venezuelans, Germans, Canadians, Russians, and Americans we played a game where we shared the noises animals make in each language. In Hebrew a frog goes "qwa, qwa" and a duck goes "ga, ga." Apparently cows in Europe don't "moo" they "zsmoo." It was pretty hilarious. The linguistic humor then turned to children's songs and suddenly I was teaching Grasya the "Hokey Pokey." I tell you, nothing screams international traveler like putting your left foot in and shaking it all about.
After the food, it was announced that when anyone leaves the Macbesa they need to go through a series of embarrassing tasks suggested by the group. I vetoed most of the initial suggestions and through my skills of persuasion managed to have two other people show a folk dance for the song "Shoshana." Yes, there is a folk song in Hebrew with my name. We all ended up singing it for three rounds last night. I still don't know what it means though....
Later in the evening the guitar came out and we had a sing along to some Paul Simon and other classic folk standards. We even rounded it off with the marathon song "American Pie."
Overall it was a really fantastic time! More pictures can be found here.
In other news, I started packing today. It was much faster and easier than the first time. Also, for some reason I feel like I have less to pack. Odd right?
Hope you're all having a great week! I'll be seeing you soon.
Latraot!
No comments:
Post a Comment