I think the honeymoon phase is at an end. Things aren't fresh and exciting--life has become a little routine. From what I hear this is a normal part of the living abroad phase. And even though every day is trying, I'm doing my best to keep my sarcasm in check. Really, I haven't even used the words "intellectual peon" yet, which is usually my go-to phrase. (I did however coin "epic moron" last week.)
Everything's new and shiny at the start, but then somewhere in the middle you start to get a little restless and homesick. I don't think I'm quite "homesick," but I'm definitely missing things. I would very much like some Kogi Tacos right now, or perhaps a trip to the Father's Office for some sweet potato fries.
Okay, food aside, I think I just miss certain things. Perhaps too much free time is a bad thing. I think a lot... and we all know what happens when I do that. (Looking at pictures of home while listening to the Glee soundtrack is a REALLY bad idea. Additional side-note: I can't find any links that work to watch Glee episodes here. It's very upsetting.)
Additional items of note:
- Feeling 100% better now. Yay.
- Watched friends play tennis yesterday and took some great pictures.
- So sick of cottage cheese.
- Decided to stop wearing makeup on the Kibbutz. There is no point. I am now saving time and money.
- Compulsively checking the Marshall 2012 facebook group like it's my job. I'm just really excited about it.
- Even though my English is getting worse I'm still helping edit, translate, etc. essays, letters and applications for people here. It's keeping me on my toes and reminding me of my days as a Writing Advisor at Oxy. Except for the part where Katie would bring me screwdrivers. :)
- Glancing at the punctuation and syntax of the sentence above makes me cringe slightly.
Unorganized post complete. Thinking of you all per usual.
Latraot!
No comments:
Post a Comment